• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Law regarding selling automotive insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MichaelSam41

What is the name of your state? Texas. My question is;
If you have DWI charge that is 7 years old are you dis-qualified from being eligible to be licensed? In other words, I am seeking employment with a company that sells automotive insurance via the phone. I was told that per Texas law due to my DWI charge that their is an issue with be being able to get a license. Is that true? Are there any options? Thanks in advance for your reply.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I don't have a clue what the rules are for insurance licensing in Texas. But I'll offer a suggestion or two:

1.) If you were told this by the insurance commission or whoever is the regulatory agency for licenses, you can safely assume it's true.

2.) If you were told this by anyone else, check with the insurance commission (or whomever it is that issues the license).

In most cases, you can ask that kind of question anonymously; you don't need to worry about the question "flagging" you or anything like that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">