• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was fired as a cover up for sexual misconduct of a manager!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sarah1138

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

:mad: Please help. I was recently let go from my company along with another girl and i beleive it was because we discovered a manager having an affair with one of his employees. Here is the breakdown:
This man has a reputation for only hire attractive young women. He flirts with all his "girls" and gives them special treatment. if you aren't on his team and playing by his rules you are either fired or treated so bad you quit or move to another dept. I have several women and one man who will attest to that fact. I was there two plus years. a women in FL had been let go right when i started because of this behavior. I got the vibe of what he was about so i stayed away from him. However, i became friends some of the girls from his unit. Up until me no one could really prove he was doing anyting wrong. One of the other male employees saw him flirting and kissing with Ms. FL but he never came forward, but he told girl3 who told me in an email i saved. another girl2 that worked under this man and i started talking and she confided in me that he was giving her special treatment because of her "relationship" with him. She told me of a promotion she was going to receive because she wanted more money and he would give it to her. WE applied for the same position, she got it, i didn't. They way they flirt and talk to eachother is very obviously sexual in nature. She also confided in me that he only talks to her because he can't talk to his wife and that they see each other outside of work. I confronted my HR person and he told me what i said would be confidential and he advised me not to complain because that would make things worse. He then went and told this mananger everything i said and it got back to me through a person this girl2 talks to who was my friend as well. not alot of time passed before i started getting denied promotions and treated like crap all around. Then i started talking to girl3 and i found out that she too was sleeping with this manager. Although this time i saved every one of her emails where she described their sexual acts in detail. Most if not all of which were preformed at work, during business hours, in his office with other people outside. In one of the emails she even talks about black mailing him to get her way. After one of their "sessions" in the office she walked out and was seen by another girl who's desk sits outside his office.she stated to me she heard moaning and noises and when girl3 came out she had a red swollen face and looked JBF'd. Right after that girl3 sent me an email telling me she thought she got caught. Girl 4 the witness said she also caught her two other times and the first time they had actual sex there was another man present who worked there as well that saw this. She said she confronted the manager and that he admitted it happened. She also said that the manager has made a pass at her as well a few weeks earlier. MEanwhile girl3 is getting emails off girl2's computer in which she is talking to the manager about sex with him and her boyfriend(another male co-worker). That in itelf is against company policy right there. SO , i take the emails and me and girl4 go in to talk to HR again. this time it is a different women. This women tells me and i quote" your supervisors aren't going anywhere any time soon so you need to either deal with it or get another job!" She said because it didn't happen directly to me that i should turn a deaf ear and just ignore it. She also said that i could make a complaint but that "i know what would happen if i did" impling that life would be unbareable if they knew my name. Time passed and i got fed up so we again went to our immediate supervisor and told her the situation. THat was on a tuesday. By Friday afternoon we were both fired with in minutes of eachother. They explained that because we were both tardy they had to let us go. Every manager in the claims dept was called in to a meeting. including HR and the VP of claims. Seems like an awful like of higher ups for a little tardiness. I was told that they took my hardrive the day after i left to "clean it up" and didn't return it. I saved all those emails to my private personal yahoo email account. everything she sent me from work i forwarded to that so they couldn't get it. they do not know that. I was then informed that claims managers had another meeting and pulled every employee in for a meeting to tell them that everything they may have heard was a lie. we were digruntled employees and that none of it was true. There were no emails and nothing happened and they were to disregaurd everything they heard. i have people who will testify to that as well. I was denied any rebuttle, they never asked for my documentation at any time and did not ask to see me again to discuss it further. I also had a workers compensation claim pending at the time as well. They still say they will pay for it, but i am scared they won't. I cannot afford my medicine, i had to go off the birth control pill because i can't afford now, i have no insurance, no job and my name has been ruined. I want to know what i can do or should do. Everyone tells me to get a lawyer but i have no money and i don't want to do this if it won't go anywhere or isn't worth it. PLease help if you can. Thank you!

Beth3

A manager having affairs with subordinates is not against the law as long as the relationships are consensual. Your being passed over for promotions in favor of the employees he's having sex with isn't illegal either.

The whole situation sounds like a Jerry Springer show and if what you say is true, this employer is playing with fire* but nothing you describe is illegal unless you were actually subjected to witnessing any sexual acts. If they wanted to fire you for being tardy or repeatedly complaining about what your manager having affairs at work, they may. You should file for UC benefits.

*Eventually, one of these girls he's boinking in the office is going to get ticked-off at him and file a sexual harassment complaint but that's the employer's problem, not yours.

P.S. The employer retains liability for a WC claim even if your employment has been terminated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">