• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can happen to me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brat4472

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?TX

I was awarded the house (a mobile home) in my divorce but with the stipulation that I get the house loan in my name. Because of my ex I cannot do that he charged up my credit cards while we were married and most of those are now in collections. He has lost his job and has not been able to pay my child support therefore I'm getting close to not being able to make the payment on the house anymore. He never persued me getting it in my name and I never questioned why he was paying me directly instead of the state taking it from him to pay me because he was always on time. What can he do to me if I stop paying on that house? I don't want to but I don't think I will be able to much longer. Money is already tight as it is before he lost his job. He's only missed two payments so far and I plan to contact the Wilson Cty Clerk's office as soon as I can but if he's not working I won't get anything and that doesn't help me with the house. Can I get in trouble if I can't pay the house? I"m actually trying to sell it but so far no takers and I'm not living there right now either. I've actually tried to give it back to him but he can't afford to pay me much less the house too. What can I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">