• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Training School Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

coolatta19

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Hi. I'd appreciate any advice. Here's my story.

In June of 2004, I enrolled in a Medical Training School (Nursing Assistant Course) due to being laid off. Upon registering, I was approved for working force training, and a Pell grant of $4000 as notified by the school. Excited about starting a new career and most of the program being paid for, I enrolled.

Now, yesterday I was approached my the financial counseler at the school (along with many others) requesting my W2's for the previous year. When I asked why, they responded they would only receive half of the pell grant money, if I don't give them more info. I was in shock because the contract I signed states, I was awarded these monies. Now they state otherwise. The school states if I don't give them my W2's they will kick me out. Why is this my problem since they stated from the very beginning I was approved for the whole amount. Is this a breach of contract? I want to finish this program, but feel I've be taken for a ride. I can not give them my W2's for 2003 because I attend college at night, and have already applied for aid for that year. This is a very hard time for me because all I want to do is finish school and get to work. Owing them $2000 just adds to my stress. I am a diligent student and have followed all the rules as stated in the contrat. Can I get them off my back and do I have to pay up?

Thanks in advance!

Coolatta

BelizeBreeze

Without a copy of the contract you signed with the school and the exact wording of the contract, no one here can give you a definate answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">