• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless Driving??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

corvette-62

What is the name of your state? PA

I have had a clear driving record for the past 10 years, so I'm a little confused about the charge against me.
I was in a shopping mall where asphalt paving was being done. 2 cars in front of me came to a dead stop because the mall road was being paved. Cones were placed on my side of the road. I cut out of line, ignored the cones and around a construction worker(claimed I was trying to hit him) at aprox 5mph, went 50 feet and went in to a fast food restaraunt for take out.
Later in the day the police officer for the municipality calls me stating that the construction worker said I tried to run him over and he has witnesses. The officer said since he saw the tire marks I left in the asphalt he would be sending me a citation through the mail for reckless driving in a construction area.
I can appear in front of a magistrate if I wish.
What is your opinion should I contest this, get an attorney or pay the fine(will points be assesed on a private road?).

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">