• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drunk on the job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AlAlvin

What is the name of your state? Kansas

A friend of mine is trying to get fired from her job to get unemployment. She is trying to do this while drinking on the job. She does take care of people on her job. If she does get caught and fired for being drunk will she be able to get unemployment?

Beth3

That depends entirely on how much compelling evidence the employer has that they can present to the UC Division that she was drunk, such as a blood alcohol or breathalizer test adminstered at the time or credible witnesses who can testify to her inebriated behavior while on the job.

BelizeBreeze

AlAlvin said:

A friend of mine is trying to get fired from her job to get unemployment. She is trying to do this while drinking on the job. She does take care of people on her job. If she does get caught and fired for being drunk will she be able to get unemployment?
With any luck, she'll never make it to work. Intead, she'll wrap herself around a 100 year-old oak tree and her problem (and societies) will be solved.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Your friend is playing a dangerous game.

First, being drunk on the job is very likely to disqualify her from receiving benefits.

Second, if she harms someone while drunk on the job, she can get sued. And the money for any settlement, not to mention the cost of a lawyer, won't be coming out of her employer's pocket.

HomeGuru

AlAlvin said:

**A: being fired for cause, such as drinking on the job will be grounds for automatic UE benefits denial
Was she already drunk when she thought of this stupid idea?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">