• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sgt wants wife out...legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

heartnthedesert

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? WV
My bestfriend is stationed in Germany and returned from an extended tour in Iraq in July. When he got back, he found his wife pregnant with a soldier's baby and has since begun the proceedings for a divorce. Their hearing is in January. They had been having marital problems long before he deployed so there are really no hard feelings on his part, he has even been nice enough to let the father-to-be move into the apt. with them.

She is self-destructive and has destroyed his property on numerous occassions, even having been committed for mental instability at their last duty station. She has not been in any trouble with the MPs at their new station, so far, but has been far from easy to live with.

What my friend has been trying to figure out is how to get her out of his apt.? She says that she can legally live there until the divorce is final and that there isn't anything he can do about it. She has been interfering with his performance at his job by calling him at work non-stop and at one point cussing out a soldier's wife for calling the house to ask advice.

What can he do? Who can he talk to? What are his rights?

Appreciate any advice.

G

Guardian Two

Seems like no one has taken to your post yet.

I will make an assumption here so bear with me. I assume that this soldier's wife is pregnant by another soldier, not the one she is married to. I will ask some questions so that more people can understand this.

Germany. Hmmm.

Does this Sgt have an attorney? What court will hear the divorce? Has this Sgt. talked to his command? Is this Sgt being a humanist or does his wife have some dirt on him? Is he writing all of this stuff down? Any kids between the Sgt and the wife?

If the Sgt does talk to his command, adultery issues may be raised and all heck may break loose in the household. It could become a volatile situation. Beware.

Inviting the other guy to live there is strange and not very smart but what's done is done. It seems like he is playing golf in a minefield.

Please answer these questions so that all may have a better understanding. Thanks.

First of all id go to jag and ask for adivise- but if she is into the guy- then i would tell her to get out or Im going to file adultry charges against the soldier that knocked her up- because that too is illegal- and if she is pregnanent with his child then it wouldnt be hard to proove... :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">