• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied employment-wanting to know why?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wtd6e

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I have been contacted 3 times this year by the same company asking me if I was still interested in employment with their company and that there was a position open now. I was then sent an application to be filled out twice and I returned them. The first time I was told that there "must" be something in your background check. Then they later told me no and that the reason was because of a hiring freeze. The second time I was mailed an application and returned it, then I received a week later a standard letter stating that their were no open positions after they had sent me the application! Then this week I receive a call asking if I was still interested in a position that they had open and that I would receive a call from the manager on a certain day. I never received the call so I called the company back and I was told the I was denied employment and the person could not tell me and that I would need to talk to a person in the HR department. I have attempted to find out what the problem is with no luck or response from anyone and have not been able to speak with anyone as to why. I am very upset that they may be something on my background check that is not correct or something. I have nothing on my background and would just like to know what my rights are to finding out the reason this company is doing this to me.

Please any help!

wtd6e

Beth3

An employer has no legal obligation to tell a candidate why they are not being pursued for a position or why they weren't offered a job.

I suggest you move on. This employer doesn't see to have their act together which strongly suggests that working there wouldn't be a very good experience.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">