• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non compete question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bill of sales

Hi,

Im in PA and I was fired for performance from a finance company.I signed a non compete agreement.Does it still hold up if the company fired me for not producing enough?It's for one yr.in a 70 mile radius. and I cant see that if they said I wasnt up to thier production standards then how can they keep me from working for a competitor? thank you :confused:

BelizeBreeze

Well now, HI there bill :D

Yes, they can make it hold up. OR you can take a copy of the contract you signed to an attorney for review. I doubt seriously if the former company can make a case for specific performance of the contract since they fired you for no other reason but you were not performing.

If it had been for other causes such as drinking, stealing or such, yes, an easy case could be made. HOWEVER, in a situation like this, judges are not too free to grant such rights to companies that fire for performance-based reasons.

The reason for this is they could hire every salesperson in the area, have them sign the non-compete then fire them the next day and competitors would never be allowed to compete.

So, take it to an attorney for review.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">