• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question on D & B Listings and Purchasing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

husbishag

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I do sales for a company that will is very strict on credit terms. As of right now, I am in process of closing an account, but my credit department is telling me that in order for me to sell to said account, I must have a signature on the credit application from someone listed on the D & B.

There is one name on the D & B, the president of said company. And my contact, the purchasing manager, is saying that the president will not sign.

My question is ---

If a situation were to ever arise, and the company I work for would need to sue said company for unpaid invoices, would we have a leg to stand on with only the purchasing managers signature, or is it necessarry to have someone listed on the D & B sign a credit form?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Andrea

BelizeBreeze

Nope. Because they would probably sue you for disobeying their implicit orders.

There is a reason there is only one name on the D&B listing: That is the only person this firm will allow to accept legal responsibility.

so don't sell the account or ask for written permission to change the policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">