• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Fraud-Harrassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

leanned

What is the name of your state? IL
I live in WI but I have property in IL that I was looking to get rental property insurance for. I was referred to an Insurance Broker in IL.
This is a very complex situtation and I will try to explain to the best of my ability.
I contacted the broker end of Oct. for a quote on insurance for my rental property in IL. He started asking the normal questions about the property, then said that I could attatch a rider to my current home, in WI, insurance for only $50 extra a year. Great, well I do not own the home I currently live in. He said well do I sleep in a bed there, I said yes, then I have interest in the home. Weird question, should have not talked to him again after that. But I was desperate to get insurance-I was dropped by my previous co. and needed coverage ASAP. He said he would look into adding my townhome to "my" house here in WI and also look into other policies. Didn't hear back-another warning sign. Well, then I started calling him to get quotes and he told me to do the $50 policy and to contact my agent in WI-did that and he could not do the policy. So called the broker back and he said he could do a policy just on the rental property alone for $300. Great! I told him to fax me the paperwork and I will sned him a check. Hadn't heard from him, called him back, told me he was working on the policy and to call him back in a couple of days. I called him back today and told him I needed to know whether or not he wanted to write my policy, if he didn't then I would not bother him. He said yes he wants to write the $50 policy and I told him that there was no way that could be done because my agent here said it couldn't be done and I just wanted a seperate policy for the $300-I told the borker I didn't care that I have to pay $300, I just want my property insured. He told me I was "stupid little girl" and to call my agent again. I told him again that I did not want the $50 policy, I wanted the $300 policy-then he told me that I was wasting my money on the $300 policy. I didn't care. just write me the policy. He then said we don't want to write you a policy for $300 because it is a waste of my money but if I brought over my current home (which I do not own) and my car insurance he will write me a policy for that (which in my calculations would be about $1200). I then asked to speak to the owner of the company because I felt like he led me on for a month and then was making unnecessary (derogeratory) comments (the bed comment, calling me a little girl and in another conversation he said I should talk to my dad because I would understand better-I am 34 years old-thought I was an adult), he gave me a name. I called the main number back and was told that there was no one by that name and that the guy I have been talknig to was the owner.
Is there an agency that I can file a formal complaint because I felt that he made harrassing comments to me and would not sell me a policy even though he said he could.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">