• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dental Malpractice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mharding

What is the name of your state?TX

I had a terrible cavity in one of my Wisdom teeth. I went to see a dentist who did full mouth x-rays and told me it would have to be removed. She also did a regular check-up of my mouth, and found nothing. When I came back to get my tooth pulled, the doctor put in the novacane (sp?) and when it should have started to work, she started to try to pry my tooth out. The novacane, however, was having no effect on the pain in my tooth and it hurt like hell. She put more in, and tried again, with the same effect. She eventually reached the highest dose allowed, and still no relief. The rest of the left side of my face was numb, but the jaw still hurt very badly. She then said, "It must not be working due to the infection in your mouth. Did you take the anti-biotics I prescribed to you?" I informed her that she never told me of an infection the last time and she gave me no prescriptions. I ended up leaving very mad, and in a lot of pain. I went to another doctor to have it pulled and after looking at the x-ray he told me I would have to be put under to have the tooth removed because the root was wrapped around the jaw bone. This of course explained why it was so freaking painful. He told me if she had continued with the procedure as she was doing it, she would have broken my job, and probably already did some damage to it. Now the first dentist is trying to charge me for the failed attempt. I told them that there was no way in hell I was paying them, and that they will be lucky if I don't sue them. They had another of their doctors review my x-ray, and of course he claims he would have done the same thing the other quack did. What are my chances of winning a judgment in this case? I have access to the x-rays, and my second dentist is willing to put in writing that prying the tooth out was the wrong procedure and caused damage to my jaw.

badgator

re:

Judgement for what? What symptoms are you having? Are you looking for compensation for the pain you had when she tried to pull out your tooth? That may not be worth your time. Next, pulling your tooth with no anesthesia, local anesthesia or general anesthesia will have no difference on your jaw so long as the technique in extracting is the same.
Mike

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">