• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced Administrative Leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kanagusuku

I live in Idaho and I am currently employed as a Deputy for the local Sheriff's Dept. I have had the same supervisor for the past two years. My supervisor and I have a definite personality clash, and I have made numerous request to be placed with another supervisor, however, no changes have been made. Yesterday I was called in by my supervisor and told that I was being placed on Administrative Leave for an anger management problem. I was instructed that I must have an anger evaluation done by a doctor in Utah before I can again step foot in the Sheriff's office. My supervisor refused to tell me what any of the problems were that had lead to this action, and stated that I have absolutely no rights whatsoever in challenging this decision. Do I have any rights? Should I retain legal council before I have the evaluation? Can this action prevent me from working in other law enforcement agencies?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">