• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nvallamkondu

:confused:

Hello,

I live in an apartment. Currently I am in CA. Neighbours above us keep music (with their subwoofer on and hits my apartment like anything) when ever they like irrespective of the time. I have complained about this serveral times to property manager and called apartment security so many times. I don't know what action they have taken. I am posting this message at 3.30 AM in the morning because I was awaken by their music. I am really stressed without proper sleep during night. Is there anyway I sue my neighbour and property manager for stress they have caused to me? If yes, how should I go about it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Do what Farmerj says and find out who the real owner of the apartment complex is, if you can. You may be able to kill two birds with one stone. There is a good chance he/she/the owner will get a different property manager if they have had other complaints like yours and you might also get your neighbor to turn down the music. Being a owner of apartments myself, I know that I would be very interested to learn when my manager wasn't doing their job. Of course if it is a big company that owns the apartments where you live it would be more difficult, but not impossible to get their attention. Document everytime you are awakened and what you did as a recourse. You didn't say but I always think that the first time something like this bothers you the best thing before making it bigger is the direct approach-nicely asking for cooperation from them. I guess your beyond that in your case already. To answer your question directly-I am not a lawyer but I believe you would have the right of quiet enjoyment of your apartment, so if you are being deprived of that and can prove it, you probably have a case. Start with your contract with the landlord first. Wait awhile longer on this site and somebody will probably give more/better advice.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">