• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion for Reconsideration QUICK!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anabanana

Went to a final evidentiary hearing on Tuesday and my lawyer stood there like a bump on a log. Didn't enter any of our discovery into evidence, didn't challenge the other side, just a total train wreck. I'm filing a motion to reconsider because a) the other party lied on the stand, basically misrepresenting the content of the evidence she presented. Pretty bold, actually, and worth the risk at the time, I guess, because no one caught her at it and this goes right to the substance of the case; and b) the judge misread the controlling statute, and someone needs to point this out to him, because he's a good, smart judge, but he just flat out missed the point.

So can I attach anything to this motion that wasn't already presented in the hearing? Is that trying to slide evidence in after it wasn't properly presented? What a mess.

Well new evidence is out, that should have been done long before the hearing. What did your lawyer say about missing evidence, that is very major. You can ask for a motion to reconsider and point out specifically why, however, it is a longshot. Prepare, prepare, prepare, you should always know what your lawyer is going to do and how they are going to do it, its your case not his/hers. You feel the pain, he just waits for the fee's

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">