• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scam or not a Scam?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gryndor

California.

I got this in my email today/yesterday and it looked kind of funny. Even if this were true, how would I redeem my "free gifts"? So, What thinkest thou?

Express Shipping Center - Package Security Dept.
November 18, 2004
Dear Diana,

Two free gifts are waiting to be delivered to you by FedEx as a reward for using PayPal to make online payments.

Get A Pendant with a Genuine Diamond & Gemstone in Gift Box
You will receive a beautiful pendant that includes a genuine diamond in a gift box ready to give to someone special. Have it delivered to your home or office by FedEx.

Get a Digital Camera too! You will also receive a gift card that can be used to get a digital camera delivered by FedEx to any address in the continental USA.

The gift card can also be exchanged for access to a web site where you can get $250.00 worth of other merchandise. Choose from electronic equipment, luggage, cameras, tools, jewelry, cosmetics, vitamins, games, kitchen utencils, watches and clocks, personal accessories and much much more.

Arrange FedEx Delivery - No Charge for package contents.
Express Shipping Center thanks you for using PayPal online payments to get your FedEx packages delivered. Because you are a valued customer, you may forward this offer to up to 20 friends so that they can also get free gifts and experience quality service from PayPal and FedEx.

Sincerely,

Robert J. Robinson - Diamond Security Officer
Express Shipping Center
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
email: [email protected]

This email was sent to (my email addy edited out), by [email protected]
Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy. Powered by

Express Shipping Center | 8721 Santa Monica Blvd | Los Angeles | CA | 90069

M

MonkeyBobo530

FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD...if it sounds to good to be true it is. Last time I checked paypal was a money hungry company who definitely does not give away diamonds and digi cameras. Do not contact whoever sent you the e-mail it's a fake. Hope this helps. :D

PaulRichard

NOT A SCAM - FREE ADVICE FROM MONKEYBOBO530 - You get what you pay for -

Learn to read! This promotion is not from PayPal, it is from Express Shipping Center. The email says, "Express Shipping Center thanks you for using PayPal online payments to get your FedEx packages delivered."

This is not a scam.

I am familiar with this promotion and I know someone who responded. She was very happy with what she received from Express Shipping Center. She paid $20.00 for FedEx delivery through Express Shipping Center. The package did contain a pendant with a small diamond in it and a nice gift box. It also contained a gift card for a digital camera which she ordered and received at her office yesterday. She also told me that there were 3 other gift cards for other items. One was for an exersise belt and now that she received the digital camera she is going to get that shipped to her office as well.

The email that is posted is not complete and it is missing the link to arrange for delivery through Express Shipping Center.

MonkeyBobo530, your free advice is bad since you obviously are not familiar with this promotion. I hope that you are not a lawyer because if you are, you need to learn how to read and understand what is written in the email.

Last edited:

beauswoman4ever

I believe it is scam here's the same address but different e-mail info.

From: "Digital Camera Delivery" <[email protected]> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: "Christine Elsfelder" <[email protected]>
Date: 30 Dec 2005 04:06:40 -0500
Subject: FedEx Shipment for Christine Elsfelder Contents: Digital Camera - Paid In Full

Dear Christine,

Package Contents: Digital Camera
Package Type: Gift
Payment Status: Paid in Full by sender.

Please confirm that the delivery information is correct.

[email protected]

Christine Elsfelder
1186 La Via Way
Sparks, NV 89434

You must confirm your shipping information and email
to be able to have this package delivered by FedEx.

http://I.ConfirmMyAddress.com/?x=927163-19625-EP-DGMC

To unsubscribe, from this Advertisement:
http://I.ConfirmMyAddress.com/mailsystem/removed.asp?db=dsgi&cid=927163&[email protected]&sid=19625

To unsubscribe by mail:

Express Shipping Center
8721 Santa Monica Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90069

gryndor

Wow

Wow. Thanks for the timely advice y'all. I posted this question, like, 2 YEARS AGO. Why are we dredging this up? :rolleyes:

S

shell007

gryndor said:
Wow. Thanks for the timely advice y'all. I posted this question, like, 2 YEARS AGO. Why are we dredging this up? :rolleyes:
Looks like a "guest" found it...decided to comment on it...and started the whole ball rolling again!

Anyway...Now I am curious...Did you ever try it? If so...what happened?

Edit...I meant A New junior member!!!

sshrum66720

I think It's a Scam

i got the exact same email in my email just today and was wandering the same thing,well guess now i know!!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
i got the exact same email in my email just today and was wandering the same thing,well guess now i know!!
Why would you revive a post that is well over 2 years old? And, why would your email have a date in 2004? :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">