• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with horrible neighbors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AMermaid

What is the name of your state?CA
Help! My husband and I are having a serious problem with some nasty neighbors. Some time ago our neighbors just decided they didn't like us, and eversince then have been harassing us (but usually through legal channels). None of our other neighbors get along with these people (it is not just us), but they pick on us (so to speak) more. We have had the neighborhood patrol, and the sherrif called on us many times (even when we havent been home). We cant even vaccum our house without having some sort of law enforcement show up. They lie to the patrol and the sherrif in order to have them respond. We tried to talk to them once, but they wouldnt answer the door. It is obvious to us, the other nieghbors, and our HOA that these people are just plain crazy. It is embarassing when the law enforcement shows up (even though we know the other neighbors know what is up) ,and it is really wearing our nerves. What can we do? :confused:

BelizeBreeze

A bag full of dog crap on their doorstep, light it and run.

Louisville Slugger to the gut.

Buy a large pulse generator and turn it on at 7 p.m.

Beat the living crap out of them.

OR, bring it up at the next HOA meeting.

HomeGuru

AMermaid said:
What is the name of your state?CA
Help! My husband and I are having a serious problem with some nasty neighbors. Some time ago our neighbors just decided they didn't like us, and eversince then have been harassing us (but usually through legal channels). None of our other neighbors get along with these people (it is not just us), but they pick on us (so to speak) more. We have had the neighborhood patrol, and the sherrif called on us many times (even when we havent been home). We cant even vaccum our house without having some sort of law enforcement show up. They lie to the patrol and the sherrif in order to have them respond. We tried to talk to them once, but they wouldnt answer the door. It is obvious to us, the other nieghbors, and our HOA that these people are just plain crazy. It is embarassing when the law enforcement shows up (even though we know the other neighbors know what is up) ,and it is really wearing our nerves. What can we do? :confused:

**A: are these people part of the same HOA?

A

AMermaid

Yes, they are part of the same HOA. The HOA knows about them, and we have sent letters. The HOA says the only thing they can do would be to give them a warning about misuse of the neighborhood patrol.
So a restraining order is the way to go huh? And will the police just hand over copies of the calls to us, or will I have to get a lawyer?
Thanks for the imput!

HomeGuru

AMermaid said:
Yes, they are part of the same HOA. The HOA knows about them, and we have sent letters. The HOA says the only thing they can do would be to give them a warning about misuse of the neighborhood patrol.
So a restraining order is the way to go huh? And will the police just hand over copies of the calls to us, or will I have to get a lawyer?
Thanks for the imput!
**A: yes, file a TRO. That's fine imput.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">