• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Towed/By Police ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JADezimar

What is the name of your state? California, OceanSide

Me and my Wife bought A little kia spectre, Used For her to commute in between work. Well this car broke down outside of Auto Zone. She talked to them they said they wont have it towed. When She returned there on friday it was towed. She asked auto zone about it they said we didnt have it towed, we would never want that done. As far as I know this is a private parking lot, well it turns out the police had it towed. tri-country patrol, do they have jurisdicion there, when the owner is xplicitly against what there doing. Also When we called them early friday they gave us all the alleged numbers of which towing companies they deal with. We called them all to no avail to find our car. We called back around 4:30 to the police to report it stolen they again asked if we called the towing companies, and started to ask numbers and names to c if we had called them, After naming them all off 1 was missed. We called them and maybe 20 minutes before closing, the towing company said it was also gonna charge for the weekend in which it is closed for impound fees. This is gonna costs over 300$ dollars on top of what I may have to put into car for repairs etc etc.

Any posts suggestions, course of action, advice would be great plz. I sincerely thank you for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">