• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My 2 year old son died

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rmet4nzkx

I am sorry for your loss.
There are never any right words when such a thing happens nor can your child be restored to you. While you were very open in providing links to the 2 articles about your child they are 2.5 months old and you have not provided any further information upon which to base advice beyond suggesting that you seek some grief counseling and perhaps to check with the insurance company or a local attorney. Were the other children mentioned, your's? Have any charges been brought against anyone? Was the cause of death determined to be accidential? What have the authorties said since this time?

nextwife

I am so sorry and sad about this terrible incident. I hope you are getting counseling for the other child to help them deal with any feelings of loss and guilt. And counseling for you as well.

It so infuriates me that a person who chooses to have a home with a pool fails to supervise in person when children access the area where the pool is located. No child should ever be left unsupervised for any period of time near water above their head. Never. When my child was 2, she was not even allowed around adult pools (with us) without wearing a safety float, just in case she slipped and fell in the water while walking. I always figured that gave me slightly more time to fish her out.

I was the unsuccessful "rescuer" of a drowning victim a few years ago. A stranger - I saw him floating in the bottom of a large freshwater pond. It still haunts me that he couldn't be saved. The water is nothing to take lightly.

I am so, so very sorry.

Last edited:

panzertanker

eshorvath said:
What do I do?
Edward Horvath
"The boys’ father, Edward Horvath, of Chiloquin, has filed a wrongful death suit against Hunt, according to court records."

It would seem you have already filed a lawsuit, now I would suggest counseling, quickly.

I am sorry for your loss.

djohnson

earlier post was 7 months old, brought back to life. Also sorry for your loss, but are you trying to get your other child?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">