• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Authentic items won on Ebay is fake, broken & stained

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MdGray

i live in California and recently (10-02) won an "Authentic Louis Vuitton Briefcase" upon receipt of the case on 10-23, the zipper was broken, a zipper pull is missing, the lock is missing, strap is missing, stains on the interior of the bag and red sticky stuff on the outside and of course the cherry on the sundae... It's a fake. I've repeatedly emailed and called the seller (who lives in New York) to no avail until approx 10-31 finally I contacted ebay and they recommended to me that I wait 2 weeks and give the seller a chance to make it right, I did that he still hasn't responded. In the meantime that 2 week window Ebay requested put my outside of my window in which to get a paypal refund. This is now more a matter of principle than anything since this seller is a total and complete sleazebag messing around with honest people. I'm basically wondering what recourse do I have? Isn't this a form of mail fraud? Isn't illegal to sell a replica advertised as authentic (bait and switch, truth in advertising... ANYTHING) Here's to hoping someone out there will be able to help me nail this guy. Thanks!!! :mad:

stevek3

MdGray said:
i live in California and recently (10-02) won an "Authentic Louis Vuitton Briefcase" upon receipt of the case on 10-23, the zipper was broken, a zipper pull is missing, the lock is missing, strap is missing, stains on the interior of the bag and red sticky stuff on the outside and of course the cherry on the sundae... It's a fake. I've repeatedly emailed and called the seller (who lives in New York) to no avail until approx 10-31 finally I contacted ebay and they recommended to me that I wait 2 weeks and give the seller a chance to make it right, I did that he still hasn't responded. In the meantime that 2 week window Ebay requested put my outside of my window in which to get a paypal refund. This is now more a matter of principle than anything since this seller is a total and complete sleazebag messing around with honest people. I'm basically wondering what recourse do I have? Isn't this a form of mail fraud? Isn't illegal to sell a replica advertised as authentic (bait and switch, truth in advertising... ANYTHING) Here's to hoping someone out there will be able to help me nail this guy. Thanks!!! :mad:
I believe you're in error. Either that, or eBay is trying to pull a fast one on you. If I read your post correctly, you submitted a written claim within 30 days of the PayPal purchase. Therefore, they must reimburse your purchase up to $500. Direct your ire at eBay.

N

nykkchic

ebay

I have bought and sold on ebay, the one thing i have learned if im going to buy anything that states authentic is to use my credit card through paypal. you can always file a claim with your credit card if you return the merchandise. as a seller and buyer, i know that paypal doesnt give a cahoot about you, unless they del. conf. number is proved not to be sent. i lost $60 by a seller putting in a fake del. conf. number that showed the items were sent to hammond. they never were, so he put in another hammond conf. number.

as far as your claim, i believe there is something about if being sold a fake purse when they are stating its authentic, i think you can fight that. look on ebays help page under authentic. Ebay has pulled down a bunch of auctions if people cant prove there lv is authentic. im sorry you had to go through that.

i bought a big lot of purses that were lv from a yahoo auction, and thank god i used my credit card, these purses were crap. and i sent them back with sig. conf. and got my credit put back on my card. good luck to you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">