• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bonus still payable

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jazzxs

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

My company offers a bonus to employees every quarter and larger year end bonus. The amonut of bonus is based on safety record and meeting company goals by all employees. (not an indivigual preformance bonus) The question is leaving in the employment of the company in th 11th month of the year cycle. Is the employee intilteld to the pro rated bonus when the bonus is paid though no longer employed. This bonus at year end includes a portion of the three previous quarters carried over. i.e. the quartly bonuses run about $750 and the year end $3000

Beth3

Nobody can tell you that without seeing whatever written document describes the particulars of your employer's bonus plan. All I can tell you is that it's quite common for such plans to state that a participant must still be employed at the time the bonuses are paid in order to be eligible.

HAZZ

Annual performance bonus

I was terminated from my employment of the last 4.5 years. Each year there was a performance review. The bonus' used to be paid out in mid December, but new management came in and it was changed to mid February about three years ago.

My employment was terminated in late January, but I worked all of 2007. Am I entitled to receive the bonus still?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Next time start your own thread instead of reactivating one from three years ago, please.

No one can tell you if the bonus is still payable since we have not read the bonus agreement. This is not addressed by law.

VeronicaLodge

agreed with what has been posted. at my company we receive a bonus in march based on performance in the previous year, however, if we are not employed on the day the bonus is paid we don't get any of it, even though we worked the whole year the bonus was so called "earned" .... just the way it is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">