• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Insurance NOT PAID

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

EverettM

What is the name of your state?Alabama.
I need legal advice. I had been employed with the same company for seven
years. When I was hired it was in my contract the employer would pay half of my health insurance. And they always have.
With many changes and new ownership everything remained the same. But in October our company closed. Upon trying to transfer my health insurance over to a new business I discovered the health insurance hasn't been paid. But my half of the payments were deducted from my paycheck. The total past due was $9000 plus. This amount was for approx 5
employees. I've been told that the past due amount has to be paid before I can transfer. The Company had not paid the insurance for over two months.
I have major health issues that require I keep insurance. And due to the health issues I am unable to begin a new policy.
Please advise.

Beth3

Contact the federal Department of Labor immediately: 202-693-4650. Diverting employee group health premiums or retirement contributions into the general assets of the company is the kind of thing that lands company owners in jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">