• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Overturning speeding convictions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LDMz28

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Is there any way to overturn a speeding conviction in Illinois? Despite my best efforts (and my naive notion that I would actually receive a fair trial in fighting my tickets), the judge ignored my evidence that I was not speeding (witnesses, police inconsistences, outright lying by the police, more than I could probably list here) and convicted me based on, and these are his words "The fact that the police are more credible than you are." No evidence was presented by the police and my requests to prove that I was speeding were met with no answers, just the police offer claiming I was speeding (in 2 of the cases, radar was not even used, and in the 2 cases it was, the police officer neither brought the radar evidence to court and even refused to allow me to see the radar at the time I was pulled over, due to the fact that I was NOT SPEEDING in any of these case). If anyone has any information I could use, I could really use the help!

L

LDMz28

I didn't believe that I needed a lawyer. I wasn't speeding, so there should have been no way that I should have been convicted. When this happen I still believed that innocent people did not get convicted for things they did not do (same wonder that Illinois had a moratorium on the death penalty, how can a state that can't even get speeding cases right have the right to execute people?). Of course, after having to deal with this garbage, I know better than that now. Hindsight doesn't help now, however. These 4 tickets all occurred over a period of less than 6 months, all within the city of Pekin in Tazwell county. Never had a ticket for speeding before them, haven't had a ticket since (I live in Peoria now, where the police have actual criminals to go after and better things to do than issue illegal tickets to people with fast cars in order to raise money for the police department and county). I'm not the only person who has had this problem with the Pekin Police, I'm just someone who isn't going to pay for something that he didn't do.

Let me restate, I was not speeding in any of these cases. I know it, the police that wrote those false tickets know it, and I'm quite sure the DA knows it as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">