• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

items hung on fence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tiki's pal

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Our fence is over on our property by 6 - 10 inches. Our neighbors insists on hanging items on the fence even though we have asked them not to. Can we take them off legally?

BelizeBreeze

Send them a certified(RRR) letter demanding they cease and desist the practice of hanging items on YOUR fence and trespassing and give them three days to end the practice. If it doesn't end, file trespassing charges.

T

tiki's pal

A certified letter was sent and returned after 17 days unclaimed!

HomeGuru

tiki's pal said:
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Our fence is over on our property by 6 - 10 inches. Our neighbors insists on hanging items on the fence even though we have asked them not to. Can we take them off legally?
**A: what type of items are you talking about; small plants, targets, moose heads?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Since the fence is on YOUR property, then the neighbor is "gifting" the items to you. Take the items down and do with them as you please. If the neighbor asks for his items, tell him, "You know, pal, you should have signed for my Certified letter and read it. But, if you have a complaint about what I'm doing with the stuff you've placed on my property, then please, write me a Certified letter."

IAAL

BelizeBreeze

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Since the fence is on YOUR property, then the neighbor is "gifting" the items to you. Take the items down and do with them as you please.

IAAL
:eek: Even the Goat's Head???? (spoken in true Al Pacino fashion)

T

tiki's pal

Hi,
You asked what items were hung on the fence. They are pots nailed to a wood fence. On halloween they had candles lit in these pots. I was afraid of a fire when the wind blew.

HomeGuru

tiki's pal said:
Hi,
You asked what items were hung on the fence. They are pots nailed to a wood fence. On halloween they had candles lit in these pots. I was afraid of a fire when the wind blew.
**A: well if they had pot nailed to a fence, I would have smoked it for Halloween.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">