• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Patio screening of a condo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lazarusrevivala

What is the name of your state? Florida

I live in Hallandale Beach, Florida. I recently moved into my home in June which I purchased because it is pet friendly and because the patios were screened in providing protection for my animals safety.

While I moved into the condo it was going through construction and is still undergoing massive reconstruction of our balconies. We were ordered during Hurricane season to remove our screens and hurricane shutters prior to Hurricane Charley and were told to throw them away because they would not be allowed as the building needs to be unified.

I am writing to find out what I can do to place some type of screen on my patio to provide the best safety for my pets and possible children because the association has decided screens are no longer allowed. Any advice you can give would be truly appreciated.
Thanks!

JETX

lazarusrevivala said:
I am writing to find out what I can do to place some type of screen on my patio to provide the best safety for my pets and possible children because the association has decided screens are no longer allowed. Any advice you can give would be truly appreciated.
Any answer is contingent on EXACTLY what the condo rules say about screens... and the boards power to restrict them.
Have a local attorney review ALL of the restrictions and rules.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">