• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is verbal agreement a problem?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rukelo2004

What is the name of your state? florida. I need a contruction crane for my business.I am new in this country and do not have a credit record o credit cards,so usually pay my bills in cash. I went to georgia and made a verbal agreement with a guy who had a construction crane for sale.I gave the guy a check for $20.000.the deal was that i would pay the total price of the crane before i could use it but i've run into money problems i can not pay him any time soon or in the near future; In the meantime i don't have my $20.000 nor do i have the crane.He refuses to give back the money saying that we had an agreement.he also says that he doesn't have the money anymore.What are my options here? can i take him to court to recover my money? did he have the right to spend the money ? can i use start using the crane since he spent my money.Is this a good case for me in court? thanks for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">