• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My uncle died after beating..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Faith Fuller

My uncle was beat uo by his neice and husband,he spent a couple days in te hospital,but at that time,he didn't remember what had happened.He had bruises all over his body.We took pictures of it.They released him after a few days,he started to remember what had happened to him,I don't know if he remembered all along and was afraid to say anything about it.He starting telling the family what they did to him,but he was not able to go and take out assault warrants on them.He called and i did also,and asked if they could come to the house and tke his statement and they said," NO." he had to go to the courthouse and swear out warrants.He got worse and we took him back to the hospital and he died a few days later.What i need to know is can the family or any family member take out assauts warrants on them,we have a witness to the beating,but she is 14 years old and is the daughter of the neice.She is out of the home due to molestation charges on the neices husband.I was told that she already told the Social worker what happened to my uncle.The beating was a result of him trying to protect the child.We didn't have a autopsy done,so we can't try for murder.My uncle died this past Wed.Nov.17.Please,can we get them wih assault?Our Police Department isn't being very helpful on what our rights are..Any advice is appreciated,we are very disraught over the whole situation knowing family did this,he didn't deserve to die that way,he was 62 years old.Please,I need advice on what to do about this,cause they aren't going to get away with what they did,they need to be punished,and we need some kind of closure.What state am i in? VA.
----------------
Faith

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">