• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hospital-Gross Neg.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vondac

CAWhat is the name of your state?CALIFORNIA

Our brother passed away in a hospital in CA from a heart attack, the hospital failed to refrigerate his body and for this reason the body was unviewable. The morgue who was finally called to pick him up took pictures because he could not believe what they had done (we have those pictures). We have been talking with the hospital on a settlement but haven't come to an agreement, they have admitted fault to gross negligence. We have no idea as to what amount we should be seeking or we should hire a lawyer. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

ikecvfd2

vondac said:
CAWhat is the name of your state?CALIFORNIA

Our brother passed away in a hospital in CA from a heart attack, the hospital failed to refrigerate his body and for this reason the body was unviewable. The morgue who was finally called to pick him up took pictures because he could not believe what they had done (we have those pictures). We have been talking with the hospital on a settlement but haven't come to an agreement, they have admitted fault to gross negligence. We have no idea as to what amount we should be seeking or we should hire a lawyer. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks
I'm no expert but it would seem to me that if they are even willing to discuss a settlement and have admitted fault you could probably get a lot more from them through a lawyer than just accepting their offer. I would definately get a lawyer for this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">