• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to Maintain Control of Vehicle-Arizona

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

morlook123

What is the name of your state? AZ
Today in arizona it was a rainy day, not that it matters. I got into a accident earlier, it was while turing on to hwy ramp. There was 1 person infront of me who stopped before making a left turn on to the ramp. I was moving around 5 miles per hour and when I applied my brakes I slid into his bumper. Damage was chipped paint no body damage and no one got hurt. I recieved a citation for failure to maintain control of vehicle, I wanted to know if anyone knew if this was a high point ticket, and if there is anything I can do to fight it. I do not think that I failed to control the vehicle, I seemed to have hit a oily spot or something. I'm not sure if the ticket is a reckless driving one but if it is, is there a way that I can contest it somehow in court? I just want to know if I am SOL. The ticket fine is $159 and I want to know if it is worth going to court trying to get out of this ticket?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, please no flames. I'm trying to see if I should get some legal help or not.
Thank you for taking the time to read this,
Dan

M

morlook123

Oh I forgot to mention the officer did not come till after the accident, so he did not see anything.

You Are Guilty

morlook123 said:
...when I applied my brakes I slid into his bumper...
I do not think that I failed to control the vehicle...
Well Dan, then who is it that failed to control your vehicle, since you're going to have to sue him/her to get your $159 (plus court costs) back. Or is it your argument that cars should slide into other cars' bumpers occasionally?

Either way, just be glad the owner of the car you hit isn't suing.

M

morlook123

Well thankyou for the answer, I actually am wondering if the points that are attributed with the fine are able to be reduced. I understand that I am at fault since I was operating the vehicle. So basically I am asking if reduction is even a possiblity. Mind me if I seem to not know much about how this system works, that is the reason I am posting here to get some light on the questions I have.
Anyways thx for taking the time to read the post and answering none of my questions. I'll take it that by your user name you are a unhelpful flamer. In case you don't know how I am using the word flamer it is the name given to posters who post for absolutley no reason except to cause drama.
Dan

You Are Guilty

morlook123 said:
Well thankyou for the answer, I actually am wondering if the points that are attributed with the fine are able to be reduced. I understand that I am at fault since I was operating the vehicle. So basically I am asking if reduction is even a possiblity. Mind me if I seem to not know much about how this system works, that is the reason I am posting here to get some light on the questions I have.
Anyways thx for taking the time to read the post and answering none of my questions. I'll take it that by your user name you are a unhelpful flamer. In case you don't know how I am using the word flamer it is the name given to posters who post for absolutley no reason except to cause drama.
Dan
Well gee, I guess since I didn't read your feeble mind and answer your unasked question, that must mean I'm unhelpful. Thanks for that amazing insight.

Of course, had you asked your second question to begin with, not only would I have answed it affirmatively, I would have given you a few tips to achieve your desired result.

However, since you so astutely pointed out that I am a "flamer", I guess none of that will actually happen. And I wouldn't hesitate to guess that thanks to your oh-so-receptive attitude, no one else here is going to be answering you either.

So in the future, once your wallet is lightened by a few hundred bucks from your ticket and a few hundred more from your insurance increase, you will hopefully be able to maintain better control of your car.

Enjoy your ticket!

ksigatmsu7f02

There is way too many people who use this site for there own personal amusement

To You Are Guilty:
You didn't answer his first question either. You just wanted to put a smart response for what reason? You must be a judge or a cop. Or maybe just someone with too much time on his hands. If your one of the first two or have any real knowledge why don't you help people since this is what this forum is for instead of using it for your own amusement by putting people down.

But anyways,
I would say you might try just talking to the DA and telling him exactly what happened and that while the accident could be your fault, you don't feel that you could have avoided it due to the wet conditions. Otherwise just plead no contest. I don't think in this case you really could get much by pleading not guilty and fighting it because even though you shouldn't out right admit it it was your fault even though it was raining...it could be said you were following too close or something but pretty much any time you rearend someone it is your fault. So basically my suggestion is to try and talk to the DA and get some sympathy from him....which does happen sometime.
Good Luck

I wonder how long it is before You Are Guilty comes on here and tries to bash me this should be funny....I wonder what he'll say....prolly try to insult my intelligence and say something like you don't know anything blahblahblah....so to save my time I just won't reply to any of it so You Are Guilty....this is your chance to bash me.....take advantage of it I know you have nothing better to do and it might make you feel like a better person which I don't mind putting myself at a loss to help you feel better so go ahead do it you know you want too

M

morlook123

New Info

I called the MVD today to check the amount of points that I would recieve from my violation code. Apparently it hold 3 points, Yikes, is this correct, the person I talked to said it sounded like a mistake since it was a speeding ticket? I'm confused on the ticket it says that I had "failure to maintain control of the vehicle" but the violation code states prudent speeding? Also another weird thing is that the speed written down on the ticket was 5 mph. So I decided to call the officer since he gave me his info, the problem is he is on vacation till the 29th of december. Quite a vacation if you ask me. Do you know who I can talk to, to see if this is an error or the DMV is at error? I just wanna know as I looked up on the internet and some arizona violations that are attributed to 3 points are, speeding 20 over in a 35 school walk zone, crossing a stop sign without stopping and injuring someone? So I'm thinking something is wrong, but who knows I'm just a feeble college student as yourguilty stated. LOL
Thx for reading this,
Dan
any help would be great

You Are Guilty

If neither of you two idiots can figure out the meaning of my first post, there's nothing else I can add now that will mean much to you, but I will try to say it one last time in really small words so you might have a shot: If you rear end someone because the "road was wet" you are 100%, absolutely, positively, guilty of failing to maintain control of your vehicle. You. The driver. No one else. Not the guy in front of you, not your wife, not God.

Pay the ticket and learn how to drive before you end up hurting someone.

And to the other joker who chimed in with his oh-so-useful advice on admitting guilt to the ADA handling the case - yeah, real smart move there, Einstein. Please try that out next time your ticketed and let me know how that goes for you.

NB: Even after all this time, its still funny to me how no one is able to hear the truth -- they only want to hear the answers that say they're perfect little angles and not responsible for their own actions. Oh well. Keeps me in business, I guess.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">