• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uncooperative officer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

itsahemi

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I was issued a speeding ticket for 81 in a 55. The cop was shooting across 4 lanes of busy traffic (several passing me). I know for a fact that I was not going 81 (wife saw the cop, I looked down and noted the speed... 75). Yes, I was speeding, but not 81mph. After issuing the ticket, I asked the officer the type, make and model of the equipment he was using - he didn't know. When I asked to see is license to operate the equipment, he refused, jumped into his car and sped off. Question: are there any requirements for officers to carry proper documentation (ie FCC license or certification) to operate radar or laser? Also, the fact that he clocked 81MPH also tells me that he didn't clock me - any suggestions?

You Are Guilty

itsahemi said:
Question: are there any requirements for officers to carry proper documentation (ie FCC license or certification) to operate radar or laser?
You're in luck. Your jurisdiction requires the officer to not only tell you the make, model, serial number and purchase price of the equipment used to clock you, he must provide you with copies (in triplicate) if you specifically request them. Failure to do so is grounds for dismissal, but only if you specifically request it in court.

Interestingly, your local laws are unique in that they also require the officer to present for inspection a number of other items if asked, such as his rank, badge number, date of birth, commanding officer, favorite color, preferred type of undershorts (boxer/brief), religion, sexual preference, results of most recent sperm count, number of members of the opposite sex with whom they've enjoyed carnal relations with in the prior 6 months, favorite pizza parlor, name of pet (if any), date of last vacation (only of 3 days or more and excluding local travel), amount saved on car insurance if switched to Geico, number of ABBA albums owned, shoe size, number of balls capable of being juggled simultaneously and the average air speed of an unladen swallow. If the officer fails to provide any of this information, the same rules as above apply, but you have to tell the presiding Judge the specific information you requested that wasn't provided and then request the dismissal.

Also, the fact that he clocked 81MPH also tells me that he didn't clock me - any suggestions?
You have a few options. You can pay. You can not pay. You can hire a lawyer and pay if you lose. You can hire a lawyer and not pay if you win. You can not pay and change your name before moving to another state. You can kill a vagrant, give him some post-mortem dental work to match your teeth, burn the body with an accelerant and then obtain a copy of the resulting death certificate and send it in as proof "you" can't pay the ticket. Uhm, that's about it though.

Personally, I'd either go with the "dead bum" or the "just pay it" choices.

You Are Guilty said:
You're in luck. Your jurisdiction requires the officer to not only tell you the make, model, serial number and purchase price of the equipment used to clock you, he must provide you with copies (in triplicate) if you specifically request them. Failure to do so is grounds for dismissal, but only if you specifically request it in court.

Interestingly, your local laws are unique in that they also require the officer to present for inspection a number of other items if asked, such as his rank, badge number, date of birth, commanding officer, favorite color, preferred type of undershorts (boxer/brief), religion, sexual preference, results of most recent sperm count, number of members of the opposite sex with whom they've enjoyed carnal relations with in the prior 6 months, favorite pizza parlor, name of pet (if any), date of last vacation (only of 3 days or more and excluding local travel), amount saved on car insurance if switched to Geico, number of ABBA albums owned, shoe size, number of balls capable of being juggled simultaneously and the average air speed of an unladen swallow. If the officer fails to provide any of this information, the same rules as above apply, but you have to tell the presiding Judge the specific information you requested that wasn't provided and then request the dismissal.

You have a few options. You can pay. You can not pay. You can hire a lawyer and pay if you lose. You can hire a lawyer and not pay if you win. You can not pay and change your name before moving to another state. You can kill a vagrant, give him some post-mortem dental work to match your teeth, burn the body with an accelerant and then obtain a copy of the resulting death certificate and send it in as proof "you" can't pay the ticket. Uhm, that's about it though.

Personally, I'd either go with the "dead bum" or the "just pay it" choices.

Hahahaha! Funny as hell.

You Are Guilty

lwpat said:
Love it. Can I have permission to post on another board?
Knock yourself out, as long as its not some weird gay, leather, foot fetish board. (Not implying you frequent any, just covering all the bases).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">