• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

soccer injury - implant needed-help please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

ifsmithy

What is the name of your state? California

So i was playing soccer 2 days ago (in an organised league) and was accidentally hit in the face by an opposing player. This resulted in a tooth fracture of one my front teeth, it cannot be rescued and an implant is needed. i have just been told that my insurance may not cover implants and these are very expensive.......can anyone offer any advice....is there a way around this?

ellencee

ifsmithy
Have your dentist submit a plan of treatment to your insurance company. Include in the plan of treatment a comparison of the costs of an implant procedure (post implant and tooth) and a bridge of three teeth (two anchor teeth and the missing tooth). Ask your dentist to advocate for preventing the destruction of the two anchor teeth that will be necessary for a bridge to replace the missing tooth. If your dentist can convince the insurance company that an implant is more cost efficient and prevents further dental expenses, your insurance company may approve the procedure.

Dental implants are not a quick fix. During the necessary time for the post implant site to heal, you may require a spacer of some sort to keep your teeth in alignment. Be sure your dentist includes any such treatment in the overall treatment plan.

EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">