• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pregnant and need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jenjen5422

What is the name of your state?TEXAS
I was seeing a guy in the army and I got pregnant. When I told him, he has started ignoring me. I haven't heard back from him in 4 months. He refuses to answer his phone or emails. I dont know what to do now. I can accept the fact that he doesn't want anything to do with the baby but I need financial help. Is there anything that I can do now (I'm 4 months pregnant) to get him to maybe send me some money for doctors appointments and stuff like that? I know I can't get child support till the baby is born and they prove paternity. I just would like some advice.
thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jenjen5422 said:
I was seeing a guy in the army and I got pregnant. When I told him, he has started ignoring me. I haven't heard back from him in 4 months. He refuses to answer his phone or emails. I dont know what to do now. I can accept the fact that he doesn't want anything to do with the baby but I need financial help. Is there anything that I can do now (I'm 4 months pregnant) to get him to maybe send me some money for doctors appointments and stuff like that? I know I can't get child support till the baby is born and they prove paternity. I just would like some advice.
thanks

My response:

What's wrong with a clinical abortion?

IAAL

F

ForHisGlory

Keep your chin up

I just wanted to give you some positive encouragement, woman-to-woman. It does not seem like u have had too much of a response to your plea. DEFINITELY disregard the joker that suggested an abortion! At four months pregnant?? He must be out of his mind.

Check w/ some of your local community svcs offices and non-denominational churches. Many of them will help you w/ food and clothing, and some depending upon your situation may even help you financially.

Enjoy this time being pregnant, you have been given a gift that can never be duplicated. Your child is a blessing. Just stay strong and stay around encouraging people! :)

Contacting the 1SG of your baby's father is a good idea too - the 1SG will hold him accountable in some fashion.

FHG

I will keep you and your little one in my prayers.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ForHisGlory said:
DEFINITELY disregard the joker that suggested an abortion! At four months pregnant?? He must be out of his mind.

My response:

You know what? Screw you, you little ass-hole bitch!

This is a legal site, not a comfy, blanket, keep me warm, site!

Try reading the U.S. Supreme Court decision in Roe vs. Wade, you fool. You can get a legal abortion within the second trimester.

So, up yours with your "prayers".

IAAL

devilsgirl

You need to contact his command.
Once his command has been notified you would need to prove patrenity of the child.They can't help you untill it is proven to be his child.

Shay-Pari'e

devilsgirl said:
You need to contact his command.
Once his command has been notified you would need to prove patrenity of the child.They can't help you untill it is proven to be his child.
This is a civil matter not a military. There is not one thing his commander can do. Her only option is to seek a paternaty test after the child is born and seek child support.

badapple40

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

You know what? Screw you, you little ass-hole bitch!

This is a legal site, not a comfy, blanket, keep me warm, site!

Try reading the U.S. Supreme Court decision in Roe vs. Wade, you fool. You can get a legal abortion within the second trimester.

So, up yours with your "prayers".

IAAL
Not to quibble, but Roe was overturned/modified in Casey v. Planned Parenthood. Now its just "pre-viability" and "post-viability." In any event, the result doesn't change. A fetus at 4 months isn't viable, nor could anyone get any medical testimony to that effect.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

badapple40 said:
Not to quibble, but Roe was overturned/modified in Casey v. Planned Parenthood. Now its just "pre-viability" and "post-viability." In any event, the result doesn't change. A fetus at 4 months isn't viable, nor could anyone get any medical testimony to that effect.

My response:

Perhaps it's just your use of the word "overturned", but if that's your belief, then you need to read Casey again. Roe v. Wade 1972 (410 U.S. 113) has not been "overturned" and the general principles have not been "modified" by "Casey v. Planned Parenthood". No evolution of legal principle weakened doctrinal footings of Roe v. Wade and, therefore, application of stare decisis required reaffirmance, whether Roe was viewed as example of right of person to be free from unwarranted governmental intrusion into matters as fundamental as decision whether to bear or beget child, whether it was viewed as rule of personal autonomy and bodily integrity that would limit governmental power to mandate medical treatment or to bar its rejection, or if it was viewed as sui generis.

Advances in maternal health care and in neonatal care that may have affected factual assumptions of Roe v. Wade, but it did not render Roe's central holding obsolete and did not warrant overruling it; those facts in Casey had no bearing on validity of Roe's central holding that viability marked earliest point at which state's interest in fetal life would be constitutionally adequate to justify legislative ban on nontherapeutic abortions.

IAAL

BelizeBreeze

ForHisGlory said:
Keep your chin up .
I find it very interesting that our little 'bible thumper' is quick to advise her to 'keep her chin up' but not to 'keep her legs closed'.

I guess that tells you about where HER priorities are :rolleyes:

A skank is a skank is a skank.

Aryanna

jenjen5422 said:
thanks
I can't say that I have much to offer you in the way of legal advice but since it is medical care you need... you can get that without having to go to the father of your baby. There are many county hospitals across the state. I happen to work for one in Galveston. UTMB has many area clinics that often see L&D patients w/out funds for private docs. There are, of course, other hospitals and clinics aside from that one that would be more than willing to help you get set up for routine visits as well as the birth of your baby... Yes, there are long lines, yes you may have to be a bit persistent, yes you will have to go through the headaches suffered by those seeking assistance BUT the help is there if you truly need it. If you tell me what area you live in I would be happy to find the county hospital that you are contracted to and give you the name... Now... this is law... Per COBRA and EMTALA law... No hospital can turn away a patient in need. If they do, they can be fined many thousands of dollars per violation.

This issue is one that you must be thinking a lot about. I am assuming that you are already planning to keep your child or you would have taken other action by now. There are loads of folks who can help you help yourself... you just need to get connected. Let me know if I can help with any info. I wish you all the best.

Jim Null

Ucmj

You should start by contacting the closest personnel office on a near by base. Inform them of what has happened or ask for the number to the JAG Office and they will assist you with proper UCMJ routes to persue what you are entitled to. Also I would like to add, this is a military matter and it will be quickly resolved by the JAG Office on the nearest military installation. Military members are held to a much higher standards than that of the civilian laws. The person in question has violated a few of the articles outlined in the United Code of Military Justice. You can find a copy of the UCMJ on the web if anyone would like to view it.

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

Jim Null said:
You should start by contacting the closest personnel office on a near by base. Inform them of what has happened or ask for the number to the JAG Office and they will assist you with proper UCMJ routes to persue what you are entitled to. Also I would like to add, this is a military matter and it will be quickly resolved by the JAG Office on the nearest military installation. Military members are held to a much higher standards than that of the civilian laws. The person in question has violated a few of the articles outlined in the United Code of Military Justice. You can find a copy of the UCMJ on the web if anyone would like to view it.
What did he violate? He's not allowed to have sex? Until paternety has been established and a order of support, JAG can't do a thing.

This is a CIVIL matter and she needs a civilian attorney.

nextwife

He CAN'T know this is HIS child until the child is born and paternity established. MANY, MANY, MANY women have lied or mislead sex partners about paternity, thus it is understandable that a man would not want to simply take someone's word for it about paternity. Not to mention, if a woman engaged in casual or unprotected sex with him, she might have done so with others.

Therefore, he has NO legal obligation to do anything at all at this point. I have no idea whay anyone thinks his officers can force him to support a woman he had sex with who MIGHT be carrying his child and who is NOT his wife?

FYI- Adoption is also an excellant option. Just ask my kiddo.

Last edited:
I AM ALWAYS LIABLE-
"You know what? Screw you, you little ass-hole bitch!

This is a legal site, not a comfy, blanket, keep me warm, site!"

I'm still laughing....lol

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">