• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cat urine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

metropauliotn

What is the name of your state? Arizona
I was in the driveway of my "friends" house and left my windows down. a neighbors wild tom cat urinated (sprayed) the interior of my car. I have been told I my never get the smell out and the owner of the home I was at has now left me High and dry. Since I was on his property can I claim damage?

IAAL........ Where are you??

What you can claim is an entry into the contest for dumbest post of the year. Congrats!

While I am here, though, why would you stick your "friend" for damage done by a cat that was not his? And were you just too lazy to roll up the windows? And how do you know it wasn't a homeless guy who thought it might be funny to pee in your car?

Anyway, I feel for you, but get real. Leave your friend out of it. Replace the seat completely, it may be the only solution.

stevek3

metropauliotn said:
I was in the driveway of my "friends" house and left my windows down. a neighbors wild tom cat urinated (sprayed) the interior of my car. I have been told I my never get the smell out and the owner of the home I was at has now left me High and dry. Since I was on his property can I claim damage?
As dark as it was, I can understand your confusion. I was at the same Halloween party. I dressed up like Catwoman. I may have had too many beers, and I sincerely apologize for my boorish behavior. However, I am not paying you one red cent.

HomeGuru

metropauliotn said:
**A: it's not the homeowner's fault since you were the one that left your windows down. If it had rained and your car interior got wet, you would blame the homeowner? Plus that, the homeowner had nothing to do with the incident since it was the neighbor's wild tom cat that did it. Where is your logic?
Oh yeah, you don't have any.

signed,
Felix

rmet4nzkx

metropauliotn said:
How can a wild Tomcat belong to anyone? Did your former friend force you to roll your windows down so far as to allow this cat to mark his territory? By the law of the jungle, the car now belongs to the Tomcat, at least no others will drive off with your car.
You can try white vinagar, straight on all hard surfaces and spray enough on fabrics and then take clean clothes and press to absorb the moisture, then follow with clean water, if that fails, steam clean with vinagar or amonia, follow with a good rinse then product to elimanate pet oders, it doesn't take much urine to mark or to smell, if all that fails, park the car in the same neighborhood, and leave the keys in the ignition, wait for the Tom Cat to drive off in his car, call your insurance.

Wally World

Last I checked, embalming fluid wasn't a household item... Good cleaning tip, but something tells me you can't pick it up all the local Wally World.

Happy Trails

Good luck removing that odor. We had a stray tom come in through our wood shoot. We tried everything, smelled fine when wet, but when it dried the odor came through. We even tried commercial products that were especially for cat urine. Nothing worked.

It resulted in us ripping up the carpet, sealing the floor and installing new carpet.

Warped

There is a product you can buy in almost any pet store called Nature's Miracle. It works by using enzymes to eat the organic matter in all types of bodily fluid and thus, it destroys odors left behind by bodily fluids from humans or animals. When you use it make sure you let it air dry or it will not work as it takes time to do it's magic. Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">