• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Party to the Suit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smcgarry

What is the name of your state? Texas.

I'm involved in a suit affecting the parent-child relationship and have custody of my grandchild for now.

At the last hearing the other grandparent filed an intervention to get visitation and force all parties to go to parenting classes and also requested a GAL for the child. The Judge said yes to parenting classes and to the GAL for the child and no to the visitation request. On the "Judge's Report" he did include the orders for GAL and parenting classes, but not the overruling of the request for visitation, so in the new orders, I did not include the other grand as a party to the suit.

My question: Since the other grand filed the intervention, but only parts of it were ruled to be included in the temporary orders, is the other grand automatically a party to the suit now and does she have to be notified of all, just like all the other parties in the suit?

Thank you so much, I just can't find the answer to this one anywhere!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">