• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Should I Do???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jtlaurie

Illinois

Here's the deal. I own an online dating business and have enlisted a Florida company who specializes in developing these types of websites to create mine. In April I was told via e-mail that the wesbite would cost $1,800 to create, it would take 2 weeks to develop and that payment would be due when the website is complete. I sent an e-mail and told the company to move forward and followed up with them every week or so and would get excuse after excuse (i.e. "My mother has been sick in hospital", "I couldn't feel the left side of my body and the doctor's think I may have MS" or "Sorry, been trying to work things out with my insurance company with respect to property damage from the hurricanes."). In September/October he responded (which he rarely does) with an apology and told me that he would cut the cost in half to $900. I never heard from again. In October, I finally got a hold of the other partner (John) who told me the person I was talking to (his partner) had recently left the company and hadn't spoken to him about my project. He also mentioned that these excuses we're total lies. He apologized and told me to send him new printouts and materials to help them get started on the site, which I did. He told me he received the package and that it would take 2 weeks to show me something but now he hasn't followed up or responded to my e-mails in over a month. Essentially, this company has been lying to me and avoiding me (and apparently several other customers per the company's message board) and I'm just about fed up to the point where I may need to get the Better Business Bureau or even a lawyer involved. This is one of two companies who specializes in creating these types of websites for the amount of money I am willing to spend. The other company develops similar websites but at a much lower quality for the price. It's been nearly 9 months and I can't start my business because this company has failed to deliver on it's promise, lied to me and is deliberately avoiding me. What should I do? Please respond to [email protected]

Josh

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">