• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for alleged 'stealing'

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kmp72479

What is the name of your state?Minnesota

I was fired for 'stealing' which was recorded on seperation papers as 'employee was falsifying her timecard'. This is untrue. The 'evidence' they had was the one person seeing me a half hour after I clocked in with my jacket on and my desk light was not turned on yet. Is this defamation of character? Is there any action I can take to recitify the situation? I have applied for unemployment and am awaiting their decision on if they will approve my reason for termination.

K

kmp72479

Obvious

Thank you for your quick response 'BelizeBreeze'. Finding a new job is my intended course of action. I was not looking for people to give me suggestions that are less than helpful. This situation has been hard to swallow, as I pride myself on being an honest person and would not steal. So, your apparent disregard for my personal concern in clearing my name is not appreciated. If I misinterpreted your response I appoligize.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The EEOC deals exclusively with issues of illegal discrimination. Where, pray tell, do you see any reference to or evidence of discrimination of any kind in the original post?

K

kmp72479

In defense of Guardian Two, it was only a suggestion. It did state the possiblity of more to the story.

I am an adult with the ICD-9 diagnosis Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Technically this can be considered a disability. Furthermore, there is more to the story.....the action was quite possibly retaliation for a written appeal I submitted for a 'verbal warning' given two days prior to termination. This warning was for a completely seperate issue.

BelizeBreeze

kmp72479 said:
In defense of Guardian Two, it was only a suggestion. It did state the possiblity of more to the story.

I am an adult with the ICD-9 diagnosis Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Technically this can be considered a disability. Furthermore, there is more to the story.....the action was quite possibly retaliation for a written appeal I submitted for a 'verbal warning' given two days prior to termination. This warning was for a completely seperate issue.
And if this was important enough an issue you would have menioned it in you first post. Now you're fishing.

K

kmp72479

BelizeBreeze, due to the nature of this being a forum it was best to state my questions in a very short paragraph. Adding every pertient detail would entail me posting a message that would be quite lenghty. I was simply looking for constructive advice regarding the heart of this matter. If I were 'fishing' it would most likely have included less concrete information. I understand you feel you are being helpful. This might be more effectively obtained by engaging your interpersonal skills.

BelizeBreeze

kmp72479 said:
BelizeBreeze, due to the nature of this being a forum it was best to state my questions in a very short paragraph. Adding every pertient detail would entail me posting a message that would be quite lenghty. I was simply looking for constructive advice regarding the heart of this matter. If I were 'fishing' it would most likely have included less concrete information. I understand you feel you are being helpful. This might be more effectively obtained by engaging your interpersonal skills.
And you can go screw yourself.

First, you come on this forum and state a claim. You were told you have no claim.

Then you come on adding 'facts' that attempt to make another case. And you were told you have no case.

What will it be next? You're black, over 40 and a female and you KNOW you were fired because of this?

PROVE IT! Because right now, you have no case. Remember the words 'at-will' when you find a new job.

K

kmp72479

BB - Being told by you alone that I have no case does not make me a believer. I can now see that you do not have a true grasp on the flow of communication. If you did you would know that the goal further discussion of many issues is to explore all aspects of it and previously unstated information. I think I speak for many people when I say, your participation is not appreciated. No one has come to this forum to be treated disrespectfully by you or anyone else. Finally, I suggest not using boarderline racist comments. What if I was a black male over 40? Think about it!

BelizeBreeze

kmp72479 said:
Finally, I suggest not using boarderline racist comments. What if I was a black male over 40? Think about it!
I don't care if you're a gay spic with a Lesbo lover who has a jew dog with a Jap lover.
You have been told that based on your original post you have no case. Yet you still refuse to accept that 'at will' means you can be fired for anything at anytime.

Then you come back and tell this forum you're 'disabled'. Well, sorry, no case. Unless you were fired (and can prove it) BECAUSE of your disability.

And since you can't YOU HAVE NO CASE!

Now, would you like that in ENGLISH?

K

kmp72479

BelizeBreeze, you have obviously missed my message. I will rephrase it bluntly in hopes that you can understand it.

YOUR ADVICE ALONE, OR AT ALL FOR THAT MATTER, DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING TO ME. YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY AN UNPLEASANT PERSON THAT FINDS RELIEF IN TRYING TO SHAKE OTHERS CONFIDENCE. GUESS WHAT.....YOUR PERSONALITY FLAWS AND UNITELLIGENT ADVICE WILL NOT ENCOURAGE ME TO BELIEVE YOU AND NOT SEEK ADVICE FROM MORE REPUTABLE PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM.

IN SMALLER WORDS FOR YOU....DO NOT BOTHER SUMITTING YOUR WEAK MINDED REPLIES!

BelizeBreeze said:
I don't care if you're a gay spic with a Lesbo lover who has a jew dog with a Jap lover.
You have been told that based on your original post you have no case. Yet you still refuse to accept that 'at will' means you can be fired for anything at anytime.

Then you come back and tell this forum you're 'disabled'. Well, sorry, no case. Unless you were fired (and can prove it) BECAUSE of your disability.

And since you can't YOU HAVE NO CASE!

Now, would you like that in ENGLISH?
Dang BB, you gotta admit that was kinda messed up :(

BelizeBreeze

jpritchett81 said:
Dang BB, you gotta admit that was kinda messed up :(
I guess you haven't been here long enough to have seen our discussion about obscenity and langauge on this forum.

Hell, I could have used s_pic or Mick since I'm 1/2 of both and it would be perfectly legal. Words in and of themselves are not actionable. they are descriptive.

And in light of this poster's excuses, appropriate.

Now, if you've got time, I have a great joke involving a priest, a little mexican boy and a rabbi :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">