• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unemployment and starting a new business?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pinkflyd34

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania
I was recently fired from my job. I decided to collect unemployment. I was considering going into business with someone as a partnership. If i do this is tehre a way to still collect unemployment until we get some business? It is a home improvement business. Im just a bit worried..i have very limited funds and would use some of it to start the business. thanks for all your advice

steve

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
That is extremely state specific and I don't know what the law is in your state. In my state, you cannot spend more than 20 hours per week working on your own business or you lose your unemployment benefits.

Pennsylvania is, for the most part, stricter than my state so you will definitely want to contact your local unemployment office.

P

pinkflyd34

thanks i will contact them tomorrow and let you know. if anyone else has any ideas please let me know...

thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">