• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arizona 70+ in a 65

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Arizonajoel

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Arizona

I was driving home late from work and set my cruise control to approx 65, could have been as high as 67, it's hard to tell on my speedometer. Anyhow, I saw a highway patrolman ahead of me and slowly passed him over a couple of miles. After that the cop pulled up to tailgate me for about 30 seconds, then flipped on his lights and pulled me over. The officer initially said I was speeding but when I asked how much he went back to his patrol car. He then came back, told me "when you pass a highway patrolman, that shows disrespect". He also says when he was tailing me that he tried to get me to slow over his loudspeaker, however, I was playing some jazz pretty loudly and heard nothing. I told him if I would have heard him, I surely would have slowed even though my speedometer said I was going 65. He then gave me a ticket that said I was going 70+. There is no possible way he could have paced me at that, but that's what the ticket says. Anyhow, I can use traffic school on this if I want, but I really don't think the officer was justified in pulling me over. Do you think I could fight this successfully? What could me defense be? Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks!

N

N74DV

were you cited with a 28-701a? if so you have excellent grounds for a case.

A

Arizonajoel

Yes, in fact, I was given that citation. 28-701a - Speed Greater than Reasonable or Prudent. I looked on the info that he gave me with the ticket and the patrolman circled the 0-9mph over field. Can you tell me what makes my grounds excellent and how I should present it to the judge? Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">