• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why Is no one willing to help me????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MonkeyBobo530

What is the name of your state? Texas

I am embarrassed to post this as I am probably going to be considered a very niave and/or uneducated ebayer. I was bidding on an ebay auction but was outbid by another member. Someone had e-mailed me and said they saw I was bidding on this item and wanted to let me know they would be posting the exact same thing up. They asked if I was interested in buying it outright from them off of ebay because of the ebay seller fees. I obliged and sent a $350 payment via paypal. Well it has since been 2 months with no correspondence from this alleged "seller". I am new to ebay, I know I've been so to speak taken. Do I have any recourse in getting my money back??? I was also reviewing my receipt in my paypal account, no where on it does it say what I was paying for?!?!?!?!? It's listed as Quasi-Cash? What the Heck is that???? Can I get my money back, can I sue, can I get this scam artist sent to jail. Please help me.

Thank you.

The response I got:

You will have to sue the scammer in his home state. Good luck, you'll need it

IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE THAT CAN BE DONE...DO I HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON. I don't even know if the info he gave me is true. I don't even know if it's a he! The credit card company said they will not do a charge back. Because the receipt says quasi cash. What the heck do I do now. Am I going to be out this money???? Is this dishonest A****** going to make a way with my money scott free?

Sam111

Visit Paypal's website. There is a buyer complaint process section.

You should've read their security center when you signed up for their service because your particular situation is mentioned there.

When you sent the money through paypal, did you select Quasi-cash as the payment type? If you did, tsk tsk, this type of payment is one that doesn't involve goods in return.

M

MonkeyBobo530

Texas...He sent me a request for money and the request was selected as quasi cash I didn't change it.

sounds like a hard lesson learned to me.
read this page: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html

Although other offers to buy or sell off-site may or may not be made with the intent to defraud, there is always a significant level of risk involved. Please be aware that items purchased as a result of an off-site offer are not eligible for eBay services, including feedback, contact information requests, and the eBay Protection Claim program.
I don't know if you have actual recourse, but it won't be thru ebay.

It also appears it can't be thru Paypal because you left the quasi-cash option:

Transactions Covered by PayPal Buyer Protection

If you paid for an item and never received it or received an item that was significantly not as described, your transaction must meet each of the following requirements to be eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection:
The PayPal Buyer Protection icon must be displayed in the Seller Information box on eBay
Your purchase must be a physical item -- services and intangible items are not covered You must use PayPal to pay for the item and must use the seller's email address associated with the listing. To make sure of this, use the grey Pay Now button you'll see when the listing closes on eBay

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">