• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ripped off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jubei8d

I live in las vegas nevada and i purchased an item over the net from a guy in penn. i have all his info. he said i would have my product in 3 weeks, it has been 2 months and i still have nothing. he refuses to email me, he refuses to give me a refund. i have logged all email sent and have a record of when the transaction was made and when it was supposed to be done.

my questions are-
do i have a case?
how do i go about taking some one from another state to small claims?
can i sue for any cost i have while trying to recover my money?

M

MonkeyBobo530

Good Luck

Good for you that you logged e-mail but it won't be of any help. Trust me I'm going through the same thing. You can take him/her to small claims court but you have to sue them in their own state. If you try to sue them in yours it will be thrown out because it's out of your state's juristiction. And NO you will not be compensated for any expenses incurred throughout the legal process. Best of luck to you. If you don't mind my asking. Was this on or off an auction site and what was the dollar amount?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">