• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cash-cow Intersections

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pkram65

Cash-Cow Intersections

In Ann Arbor, Michigan I recently received a 130.00 ticket for running a red light that had been red for a good while. this intersection is installed with the hardware to sense a vehicle when approached, but there are times when it malfunctions and you can sit there for what seems like an eternity at 2:45 in the morning. Especially when you're looking at empty streets [4-way] the three remaining directions, EXCEPT for the guy in the car next to you who has been who has been sitting there much longer than you and you know this because you saw him from a 3rd a mile away @ 30 mph, just sitting there. So once deciding not to allow my time and gas to be wasted I go through the light and just-as-ready-as-anyone-can-be there is an officer of the law, hidden, to pull me over. I video-taped this intersection over 3 nights within the same time window [2:30a-3:30a] from the same position the cops sit to watch the intersection and everynight during the same time window when the traffic signal would begin to malfunction (not sensing the presence of a vehicle) there would be an officer showing up to sit there. There was one problem. I was there video-taping all of this. I went to an informal hearing to contest the ticket where the honorable Michael Gatti was serving justice, yes, serving justice by fast-forwarding through the video. Watching less than 90 seconds of the video, which was 9 min. long, he subsequently judged me guilty. I guess he knows where his paycheck comes from. Is there anything we can do about this legal extortion. Yes... EXTORTION! Intersections where officers of the law systematically monitor where traffic signals malfunction forcing us to "run the red light" treating a 4-way stop as 2-way, turn right on a red when there is a sign(s) reading "no turn on red" and to wait for the left turn light to change green which never seems to do so, you go through...And of course for these you get a 130.00 ticket. That's not right! Is it ever? So if this happens where you live, talk about it. LOUDLY! We continue to let these happen...it will continue, always. Spread the love. Anyone know how to contact Geraldo Revera? or perhaps, OPRAH?...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lemme know how feel, in short or in long concerning these thing I've posted above.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">