• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

discharge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JDD1982

What is the name of your state?CA
I am trying to find out if there is a thing called humanitarian discharge and how one would go about getting it. my fiance has seizures and cannot return to dutyy but yet even aftewr the army was told of these facts they placed her on awol status. someone please help i need to get her out of the service because her health is getting worse doe to the added stress

she needs to RTD- being awol is a crime- and is punishable by confinement- and maybe a bad discharge!

the Army knows about it- was she diagnosed by army doctors or private doctors- to get discharged for medical reasons she needs to go to a medical review board, this can be a long process- but with her being awol that is only going to prolong and complicate things- there are right ways to go about things and there are wrong ways- going about stuff the right way in the military is very important- she could end up getting a bad conduct discharge- before the medical discharge :(

Son of Slam

JDD1982 said:
What is the name of your state?CA
I am trying to find out if there is a thing called humanitarian discharge and how one would go about getting it. my fiance has seizures and cannot return to dutyy but yet even aftewr the army was told of these facts they placed her on awol status. someone please help i need to get her out of the service because her health is getting worse doe to the added stress

So, why did she join? What did she think the Army was for when she joined? War is a very stressful situation. The United States Army is aware of this. They became aware of this when they noticed that many empty-headed, lethargic, and homeless people would join when there was no war but only a few would join when there was one.
AWOL has nothing to due with being sick. It means that the person is evading their duty by not being present (body not mind). The tax payers paid for her training, food, housing, medical, etc., and are now asking for her to fulfill her end of the agreement by helping to defend our country.
Humanitarian discharge? When she joined she was aware that she may have to kill people or help to kill people. How humane is that?
Malingering at best, Desertion in Time of War at worse are the charges she may be facing, if she dose not suck it up and be a man.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">