• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexual Discrimination Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ech

What is the name of your state? Georgia

My brother-in-law was just terminated from his job for sexual harassment. The claim came from an employee who was transferred to his department 2 weeks ago (where he has worked for 3 years). They had an argument about departmental policy shortly after she came to his department which she got upset from and complained to his manager. He believes that she filed this claim to get back at him. I know that Georgia is a right to work state. Does he have options for disputing this claim? Can someone simply claim sexual harassment with no proof?

Beth3

I know that Georgia is a right to work state. Right to work means an individual can't be compelled to join a union in order to be employed. What you mean is that Georgia is an "at will" State.

Does he have options for disputing this claim? Only if his employer wishes to allow him to do so.

Can someone simply claim sexual harassment with no proof? Sure. Many if not most individuals who are sexually harassed at work have no proof. More often than not, these are "he said - she said" situations as harassers seldom invite an audience to witness their actions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">