• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegal alien with narcotic possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gsmith6306

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

My husband along with his cousin were arrested on september 23, 2004, charged with intent to distribute and posession of 100 grams or more of heroin. My husband arranged to meet an undercover officer and to sell him the agreed-upon quanity of herion. He was arrested down the street with the substance while his cousin was arrested out in front of our home. Surveillance agents obsevered my husbands cousin arrive to our home from NY with the substance and took action after he made his transfer.
Now, cousin has just been released from Passic county and is awaiting a trial. My husband who is illegal (Dominicano) has not been given that option. We are married and I am an american citizen as well as his son. Is there any hope that he may me released. His cousin is home under house arrest. Could that be an option for my husband also? I do own property and I'm willing to put it up for him. His public defender has not been a real big help to me or him.

Thank you :(

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

gsmith6306 said:
What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Is there any hope that he may me released.(

My response:

Yes, there is hope. I hope that when he's done doing his prison time after 7 to 10 years, the INS ships him back to the Dominican Republic. So, there is some hope.

IAAL

G

gsmith6306

You are a heartless person. He is my husband and the father of my 1 year old son. This was a set up by police and he happened to fall into a trap. A 1st offence of any charge and his been here for 7 years. And as for your 7 to 10 years try 24 to 36 months. Deportation may be posible but Immigration told me he would be able to return after paper work is filed. It may take a couple of years but he'll be back.

So I ask you what is up your ass?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

gsmith6306 said:
You are a heartless person. He is my husband and the father of my 1 year old son. This was a set up by police and he happened to fall into a trap. A 1st offence of any charge and his been here for 7 years. And as for your 7 to 10 years try 24 to 36 months. Deportation may be posible but Immigration told me he would be able to return after paper work is filed. It may take a couple of years but he'll be back.

My response:

Felons just rub me the wrong way. That's what's up my ass. Sometimes, children get hold of the drugs your husband was pushing. That kind of disturbs me too. No, my dear, once he's deported, he won't be coming back. I don't know who's telling you otherwise, but he won't be able to come back. Can you say, "Sayonara"?

IAAL

HomeGuru

gsmith6306 said:
You are a heartless person. He is my husband and the father of my 1 year old son. This was a set up by police and he happened to fall into a trap. A 1st offence of any charge and his been here for 7 years.
**A: I take offence to your posting. In fact, please jump offence.

G

gsmith6306

He'll be back or maybe he'll never leave, I'm doing what ever I can to keep him here. This was a FIRST TIME deal he never had anything in my home for my child to find. And he is not a felon he is an under paid carpenter and a good man. You need to realize that your dealing with humans and we ask advise for our loved ones. You do not have to be so mean and hurtful in your answers. There are people who have done worse chrimes and are walking the streets. Drug crimes in this counrty are taken way out of control.

CdwJava

gsmith6306 said:
He'll be back or maybe he'll never leave, I'm doing what ever I can to keep him here. This was a FIRST TIME deal he never had anything in my home for my child to find. And he is not a felon he is an under paid carpenter and a good man. You need to realize that your dealing with humans and we ask advise for our loved ones. You do not have to be so mean and hurtful in your answers. There are people who have done worse chrimes and are walking the streets. Drug crimes in this counrty are taken way out of control.
Sorry, nobody just does a "first time" deal of 100+ grams of HEROIN! It just doesn't happen! It's like an honor student suddenly deciding one day to knock over a liquor store - it doesn't happen. There are signs and crimes - however small - that lead up to it. This may be the first time he has been caught, but I can virtually guarantee that he has been selling or dealing in heroin prior to this - at the very least he has been around those that have.

And how was he "set up"? Because someone asked him to get 100 grams of heroin and he did!? How would he possibly know where to get the heroin unless he has been involved in it before? The police officer was obviously put on yto him by someone - they didn't just throw a dart in the phonebook and pull him out.

Would YOU know where to get 100 gms. (or more) of heroin? Hell, I'm a cop and *I* wouldn't know where to go to get it! I'd have to ask around.

Sorry, but he made a conscious choice to arrange and sell this poison. Nobody set him up - he did it himself and by his own choice.

Have you seen what happens to people on heroin? Have you seen someone die from it's use? Have you witnessed a 4 year old after he had ingested a couple grams of meth.?

I've seen all these. And I have no sympathy for his actions - none, zip, nada. And if he at any time exposed your child to this poison, I hope they charge him with child endangerment as well - we would in CA.

I have no idea if he'll be deported and remain gone, but I suspect that if he is convicted of trafficking he will be persona non grata and you will have to choose to move away or see him only when you get enough frequent flier miles.

- Carl

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

gsmith6306 said:

My response:

Boy, pretty soon you'll be saying he's completely innocent - - and wasn't even there!

Yes, drug crimes are way out of control, and your husband isn't helping either. He'll be "way out" of this country, too!

I'm really surprised that a foreigner, like your husband, didn't appreciate just how good the United States was to him. I guess he'll appreciate it when he gets back home - - to the Dominican Republic, that is.

IAAL

Last edited:
G

gsmith6306

IAAL please do not reply to my post. I personally do need your non helpful remarks.

Thank you Carl for being professional in your reply. And yes I agree with you about the first time deal thing...it was a first time for him ( I do know this) but he had been hanging around some people I wasn't too happy about...I guess he thought he could get away with it. And I never said I was upset that he was caught all people should pay for their crimes. And yes I have seen what happens to people on herion I work in the medical field. I agreed to have my home searched by a drug smelling dog and if in fact that dog had found something I would not be writing for advise today. My son is my world and my first priority.

One of his so called friends set him up. He had a drug charge of his own and had been working with police to get his sentence lowered, he knew my husband knew where to go and that's how it happened. But like I had said in the first post his cousin was the carrier from NY to NJ and he is now home with his family. I just wanted to know why my husband has not been let out on bail as of yet when is cousin had all the same charges.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

gsmith6306 said:
IAAL please do not reply to my post. I personally do need your non helpful remarks.

My response:

You personally "do need" my non helpful remarks?

I'll be glad to oblige. We're not helping you. Your husband is going away for a long time, and then he'll be deported. You may as well find yourself another druggie to support you.

IAAL

CdwJava

gsmith6306 said:
I just wanted to know why my husband has not been let out on bail as of yet when is cousin had all the same charges.
Probably because he is a foreign national. Or, they suspect he has a bigger role than he has let on. And it could be the other guy has rolled over on his companions.

But, very often, if a guy is a foreign national, they will not release them due to the flight risk or a possible immigration hold. If they have offered bail, then you might try and secure a bond. If they haven't, then they likely consider him a flight risk or have an immigration hold on him.

- Carl

G

gsmith6306

I support myself and my son thank you very much....and I've always have. My grandfather, cousins and uncle are police officers.....and I always have been tought to respect the law and others. You on the other had have no respect or empathy towards people. I really don't think you know jack about the law.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

gsmith6306 said:
I support myself and my son thank you very much....and I've always have. My grandfather, cousins and uncle are police officers.....and I always have been tought to respect the law and others. You on the other had have no respect or empathy towards people. I really don't think you know jack about the law.

My response:

You're only saying that because I'm not agreeing with you, or helping you. You and your husband are not worthy. Empathy for druggies? Surely, you must be kidding with me! You're not a person. You're just as much of a criminal as your husband. Only, he was the one who was caught - - this time.

When are you going to say your husband is innocent?

IAAL

G

gsmith6306

Probably because he is a foreign national.

His Cousin is also Dominican but with a visa.

Or, they suspect he has a bigger role than he has let on. And it could be the other guy has rolled over on his companions.

My husband did take all the blame beacuse his cousin wasn't able to handle prison. He was put on a suicide watch.

But, very often, if a guy is a foreign national, they will not release them due to the flight risk or a possible immigration hold. If they have offered bail, then you might try and secure a bond. If they haven't, then they likely consider him a flight risk or have an immigration hold on him.

What about being placed under full house arrest. His cousin has to ware a tracking devise or what ever that band is.
This has really put me under a lot of stress....I miss carried are second child this Oct. I am writing to the judge to see if he would consider house arrest with my property as colateral.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

gsmith6306 said:
What about being placed under full house arrest. His cousin has to ware a tracking devise or what ever that band is.

My response:

If that was going to happen, it would have happened by now. The point is, he's staying behind bars.

Why aren't you answering Carl's speculations about your husband? This isn't your husband's first time selling, is it. Of course not. You've been profiting from his sales, and using that money too, haven't you?

IAAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">