• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being charged assualt an officer for no reason

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kin12345

What is the name of your state?NJ

Nov. 23, 2004, around 7pm, we arrived at the Newark International airport, terminal C arrival. It was heavy traffic, and my husband called my cell phone and said that he already arrived, so we drove slowly to the passenger pick up lane. In front of us was another car already drove into the lane, so we followed and right in front of us, that car stopped, then I saw one guy came over and went into that car. At the same time, the police officerwas banging on our car very hard and violent and asked us to move out. So my father immediately tried to back up the car and avoid hitting the car in front. Meanwhile, my Shih Tzu dog was barking really loud because officer was banging on our car. At this moment, I yelled out “what the heck is going on, we are trying to move out, the car was in front of us” Then Officer Eviner got aggravated all of a sudden, he ran over and put half of his body inside our car thru the driver’s front side window. He tried to turned off the car but he couldn’t, so my father turned it off and put the car in parking mode.
As we came out the car, Officer said to my father that he’s under arrest, and me as well. Officer charged us assualt and elude. I am wondering what should we do since back to the police station they only issued 2 summons for us to go to the court and we did not have a chance to explain what is going on. Should we hire a lawyer? what is the consequence if this case proves guilty by the judge? Are we going to jail or pay a fine? Your help is appreciated.

P

pamela vandi

surviellance

Most airports have surveillance cameras. Since I am not an attorney, I do not know what red tape you would have to cut thru to obtain copies of such evidence for your court case. It is possible that the incident you describe was recorded on the airport's surveillance system, and that the tape(s) would benefit you in court. Best wishes!

JETX

pamela vandi said:
Most airports have surveillance cameras.
And another person who doesn't understand the concept of DUPLICATE posts on the forum. I would hope that anyone with even a minimum of intelligence could figure that one out, huh??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">