• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seatbelt ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

slimboy

What is the name of your state? north carolina

can i get points on my licence or insurance points for a seatbelt ticket or should i pay the fine and flip um the bird on the way out?

thx for the help in advance

S

slimboy

ok well maby im a little pissed but let me tell you the story..... i was leaving my house on a dead end dirt road to my buddys house 2 miles down the road in the direction of the dead end the cop was walking back to his car from a house 1/2 mile down the road from mine. as i approched i slowed down to about 5 mph so as not to dust him i waved to him and he waved back then as soon as a look back in my rear view there he is flashing lights. he wrote me the ticket and turned around and befor he was out of view i turned into buddys house (last house on the road) i guess its the law and everything but im just a little hot. first moving violation i have ever had in 10 years of driving.

CdwJava

I doubt that a seatbelt violation is counted as a mover.

And if you go to court and "flip um the bird" on the way out, be prepared to pay up a LOT more than the citation for a contempt of court charge. It's never a good idea to piss off the judge or commissioner!

- Carl

Who's Liable?

Of course, the OP expects the police to come flying around the corner the instant they are in trouble... Wouldn't it be great if the OP was in an accident, and the cop flipped them the bird as he was driving by?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">