• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP..Speeding & No Signal Ticket in NY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DaEvilGeneus

What is the name of your state? New York
I was driving on the i95 in Westchester County doing to what I swear 62mph in a 55mph zone. I go to take an exit when a state trooper turns on his lights pulling me over. He asked me how much I was doing and I said, can't be anymore than 62mph. He said guess again and I said was I really speeding. He replied saying I was doing 95mph. I couldn't believe it. He said that he was doing 75mph for over a mile to keep up with me. That really makes no sense. If he was doing 75 and I really was doing either 85-95 how could he catch up with me? He ended up giving me a summons for speeding at 85mph and then a summons for not signalling. I can only swear blind that he pulled over the wrong person. Even if I was to get a ticket for 62mph, I would get 3 points off my liscence. Another sad thing is that I have a Junior Liscence. My liscence will be suspended for 60 days if I plead guilty to the speeding violation since that takes 6 points off my liscence. The no signal violation would take off 2 points. If I have 3 or more points on my liscence it gets suspended. I really don't know what to do since he was a state trooper. I have to go to court regardless on 12/29/04. Anyone have advice?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">