• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roots damaging foundation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thiner

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?OK
I have lived in my home for 14 months. My neighbor died 10 months ago and now her son is trying to sell the house. I have a tree between the two residences and it was planted probably in the early 1960s. He has approached me and let me know that he has found tree roots on his property and they are causing damage to his foundation. He also informed me that they have known of this problem for years, but they have never done anything about it. He is waiting to find out what it will cost him and he will come after me for the money for repair. Is there a statute of limitations on something like this? Am I liable for his problems with him knowing of the situation and never doing anything?

BelizeBreeze

When he gets the estimate on the cost of removing the roots and hands it to you, study it seriously, nod knowingly then hand it back to him and say in all seriousness, "I think that's a fair estimate. I hope you have good results." then turn and walk away.

And you have my permission to laugh your ass off as you tell him to pound sand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">