• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Provisional Liscense infraction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

monstakilla

What is the name of your state? California

im in the first stage of my proviosnal liscense (first six months) and i was pulled over with a friend in the car, under 20, the cop pulled me over for making an illegal left turn, but didnt write me up for that, any idea what will happen?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

monstakilla said:
What is the name of your state? California

im in the first stage of my proviosnal liscense (first six months) and i was pulled over with a friend in the car, under 20, the cop pulled me over for making an illegal left turn, but didnt write me up for that, any idea what will happen?

My response:

Yes. Your parents will get a fine, and they will make you pay them back. Next, the judge will suspend your license until you're 18.

IAAL

M

monstakilla

What? suspend till im 18? the cop told me they would probably just extend the provisional period on the liscense

on the DMV website it says
"(d) (1) Upon a finding that any licensee has violated paragraph (1) or (2) of subdivision (b), the court shall impose one of the following:

(A) Not less than eight hours nor more than 16 hours of community service for a first offense and not less than 16 hours nor more than 24 hours of community service for a second or subsequent offense.

(B) A fine of not more than thirty-five dollars ($35) for a first offense and a fine of not more than fifty dollars ($50) for a second or subsequent offense."

and nothing of a suspension, by the way, on the ticket insted of checking "to appear before a judge" it says "to be notified by mail"

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

monstakilla said:
What? suspend till im 18? the cop told me they would probably just extend the provisional period on the liscense

on the DMV website it says
"(d) (1) Upon a finding that any licensee has violated paragraph (1) or (2) of subdivision (b), the court shall impose one of the following:

(A) Not less than eight hours nor more than 16 hours of community service for a first offense and not less than 16 hours nor more than 24 hours of community service for a second or subsequent offense.

(B) A fine of not more than thirty-five dollars ($35) for a first offense and a fine of not more than fifty dollars ($50) for a second or subsequent offense."

and nothing of a suspension, by the way, on the ticket insted of checking "to appear before a judge" it says "to be notified by mail"

My response:

There! You see? You found your answer all by yourself! Good job!

IAAL

M

monstakilla

i was also wondering about points on my driving record bcause i pay my own insurance, any ideas?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">