• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ticketed in Wisconsin for speeding / No radar / driving opposite sides

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PLAPP

What is the name of your state?wisconsinxxxPlease help me. I was ticketed not long ago for speeding (70 in a 55 ) I was going to work early Sat morning (4:45am ) it was rainy , road had little or no lighting, and very little or no traffic. I was traveling north on a divided road and the officer in question was traveling south on the opposite side of divided road. He pulled me over and told me I was doing 70 mph in a 55,I told him I was not doing 70mph, he told me I had passed him and I told him that I had passed nobody. He then told me that he was going in the opposite direction at the time and had me going 70mph. I then asked him to see the radar gun and he told me; that he did not have me on radar and if he did that he did not have to show me, when did that law change? Anyways how accurate can someone be guessing the speed of a passing car?? with weather conditions like they were, can he accurately pin-point my speed going in the opposite direction without much light or radar or not being behind me?? what can I use to defend this crap?? please help, thank you .... I live in WisconsinWhat is the name of your state? wisconsin

Last edited:

JETX

PLAPP said:
I was going to work early Sat morning (4:45am ) it was rainy , road had little or no lighting, and very little or no traffic.
The driving conditions you describe should in itself show that your speeding was reckless!!

I then asked him to see the radar gun and he told me; that he did not have me on radar and if he did that he did not have to show me, when did that law change?
It didn't. The officer is NOT required to show you the radar clock.

Anyways how accurate can someone be guessing the speed of a passing car??
Can be anywhere from VERY accurate to completely off.

[qutoe]with weather conditions like they were, can he accurately pin-point my speed going in the opposite direction without much light or radar or not being behind me??[/quote]
Probably not.

what can I use to defend this crap??
Gee, how about the truth?? Simply tell the court what you said here. If they believe you, the ticket SHOULD be dismissed. If not, then pay it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">